The Full-Cast Audio of the Original Star Trek® Teleplay and Controversy: Harlan Ellison’s The City on The Edge of Forever
On the occasion of the 50th Anniversary of the launching of Star Trek – the Original Series, we are producing the FIRST-TIME-EVER, 8-hour Skyboat AUDIOBOOK, full-cast version of Harlan Ellison’s book THE CITY ON THE EDGE OF FOREVER. Click Here for the FULL CAST LIST.
1 copy Digital Audiobook THE CITY ON THE EDGE OF FOREVER (Approx. 8 hours)
This audiobook contains Harlan’s controversial essay, in Harlan’s own voice, plus a multi-voice enactment of the teleplay, along with two re-written scenes in an audiobook format. To clarify, this book contains Harlan Ellison’s original teleplay; NOT the one eventually filmed. This is the episode which won the Writers’ Guild Award for best dramatic hour-long script. The filmed teleplay also won Harlan a Hugo Award. The book also contains Harlan’s Essay on the controversy backstory, and several tributes from his colleagues.
Table of Contents:
- Harlan’s INTRODUCTORY ESSAY – 80 pages
- First Treatment, 21 March 1966
- Second Treatment, 13 May 1966
- The WGA-winning Teleplay (Full-Cast)
- 2nd Revised Final Draft PROLOGUE & ACT ONE, 1 December 1966
- AFTERWORDS written by Peter David, D.C. Fontana, David Gerrold, DeForest Kelley, Walter Koenig, Leonard Nimoy, Melinda Snodgrass and George Takei
- LeVar Burton (Prologue)
- Harlan Ellison (Introduction and Trooper)
- Jean Smart (Edith Keeler)
- Stefan Rudnicki (Guardian of Forever)
- Scott Brick (Mr. Spock)
- John Rubinstein (Captain James T. Kirk)
- David Gerrold (Act One Teleplay)
- Gabrielle de Cuir (Transponder)
- Alex-Hyde White (LeBeque)
- Robert Forster (2nd Treatment)
- D.C. Fontana (Essay)
- Richard McGonagle (Beckwith)
- Jim Meskimen (Act Three Teleplay)
- Paul Boehmer (Act Two Teleplay)
- Judy Young (Janice Rand)
- Richard Gilliland (The Orator)
- Orson Scott Card (1st Treatment)
- Bonnie MacBird (Essay)
- Larry Nemecek (Chief Engineer)
- Veronica Scott (Crewman)
- Richard Brewer (Original Essay)
- Ryan Britt (Original Essay)
Produced by: Stefan Rudnicki and Gabrielle de Cuir
Edited, Mixed and Mastered by: Ken Barton
Art Work by: Elizabeth Leggett
This Skyboat project was funded on KICKSTARTER on March 18, 2016. See our campaign.
At the Skyboat Vendor’s Booth at the Star Trek 50th Convention in Las Vegas in August 2016, we sold special edition audiobooks.
Purchasing your copy through our website will help Skyboat further promote this historical work of Harlan’s.
The audiobook sold exclusively via our website until July 2016, and is now available at Downpour, Amazon, iTunes, and Audible.
Skyboat has since published three more titles, ELLISON WONDERLAND, WEB OF THE CITY, and SPIDER KISS, by Harlan Ellison. With a publishing line of over 100 titles, we pride ourselves on staying true to each author’s unique vision, managing complex multi-voice projects, and promoting classic works of historical significance.